- Monica Goslin, that's me (creator of this site, photographer behind the photos, and the one who runs the show here; just me!). I graduated from Franklin College Switzerland with a degree in Visual Communications and a minor in Literature. I grew up in South America and South Florida. I have traveled extensively in Europe, taking countless photographs in hopes of capturing a ‘sense of place.'
*With my store, blog, and other websites I hope to encourage travel, inspire people to decorate their space (office, home, business) with my beautiful photographs, and notice the details of a place.
“… it looked like almost every place I’d ever seen; meaning, it didn’t look like anywhere else.”
The Tango Singer: A Novel by Tomas Eloy Martinez.
- The Monica Store was started in April, 2007. The inspiration of the store came from the fairytale location of Lugano, Switzerland. I attended Franklin College in Lugano. It is a place mixed with Italian and Swiss culture and Mediterranean climate with the occasional winter snowstorm. I explored the city and surrounding towns, from ancient villas to old stone houses, and accumulated a tremendous amount of photos, which I turned into a book on the area. Other travels, including individual explorations and academic trips with the school, resulted in the build up of incredible images.
- From a fascination with Lugano, I developed a style of capturing details that had gone unnoticed or unappreciated. Comments from family and friends ranged from “I never noticed that” to “The photo makes me want to go there,” which is essentially the point.
- I strive to show the magnificence and minute distinctiveness of place, while promoting travel and veneration for a sense of place.
--- CORPORATE AND PUBLIC COLLECTIONS
- Franklin College in Lugano, Switzerland
- Kroll Associates in Madrid, Spain
- New York University; Hauser Global Law School Program, NYU Law in USA
- Plus numerous private collections held in Spain, Switzerland, Jordan, and throughout the United States
- Standard: 3-10 business days (after processing).
International shipping can take up to 7-14 business days (after processing).
--- REFUND AND RETURN POLICIES:
- Unopened/unused merchandise may be returned within 30 days from the date you received it for a refund. Please note that shipping and handling costs cannot be refunded.
- Please send returns to:
429 E 65th St. Apt 19
New York, NY 10021
- It is recommended that you return merchandise via insured/trackable US Mail, UPS, Fed Ex or other carrier. The Monica Store is not responsible for any merchandise that is either lost or damaged in transit.
- Please include a copy of your invoice and the reason for return.
- Once your returned merchandise is received, we will refund the amount of the merchandise to your original form of payment. You will receive an email letting you know when we receive it as well as a printed receipt in the mail.
- If you have any questions regarding the return policy, please contact us at 646.546.2874 or email me at email@example.com
--- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1.) Print Quality?
- All products (except for canvas prints and framed photos)are printed using Kodak Gallery printing to ensure the highest quality products. (Also please note that orders of books, cards, and prints will arrive in Kodak boxes and envelopes).
- The Gallery print process and paper
- The Gallery uses the latest printing technology available to deliver high-quality photographic prints from your digital and film photos.
- The Gallery prints your photos on high-quality Kodak paper, a resin-coated, silver-halide color paper optimized for digital printers. A light source inside our digital printers exposes the photographic paper pixel by pixel. This process mimics traditional photography, in which light from the subject exposes photographic film inside of a camera. All prints are available in matte finish.
2.) Will the name on photos on the website appear on the print/poster/card?
- All products will include the photographer’s name. The name is always discreetly placed and will not affect the image negatively, it is a form of copyright protection as well as authentication.
- Posters and prints are also printed with a ¼ inch border to ensure that the photographs are not cropped. This will also prevent less of the photo from being cropped by frames or mats if you choose to frame your poster.
3.) How long until I get my order?
- Shipping will take 3 to 10 business days (after processing - printing and proofing of photo takes 1-2 days).
- International shipping can take up to 7-14 business days (after processing).
4.) Is their a delayed shipping time during the holidays?
- Due to an increase in orders during this time, please allow for twice as many days for order processing and shipping.
- During the Holiday season it is recommended that you get your orders in early in order to ensure on time delivery.
5.) How do I return an order?
- See refund and return policy section above.
6.) What is the response time for an email inquiry?
- All email inquiries will be answered within 24 hours.